Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grilling season is fast approaching. This is one of my OAMC recipes that we love to cook on the grill. Adapted from Southern Living.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Rub mixture on chicken breast halves.
- If making OAMC, freeze in a freezer bag up to 6 months.
- Thaw before grilling.
- To make: Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done.
Great grilled chicken rub! We especially liked the addition of the cocoa; it gave the seasoning a nice "mole"-type flavor. Used on boneless skinless breasts, on the grill, and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
This was a really good seasoning mix - i did use it on boneless, skinless chicken breasts which I pounded to about 3/8-inch thick. I then baked the chicken in the oven and we had the finished product on top of a "chicken taco salad". The spices were just right and gave the chicken a nice flavor. Made for "I RECOMMEND" tag game.
I omitted the slat and cumin. This chicken has a very good taste. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for Gimme 5 tag game