Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husbands' recipe--he picked this up while living in New Mexico years ago. We have tried it numerous ways, swapping the tortillas for different flavors of Doritos. I serve this with beans and a salad.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) packagesoft tortillas
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can black olives
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks, sauté onion spice and chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and soup and heat through till smooth and bubbly, remove from heat and set aside.
- Line a 9x13 pan with tortillas, usually takes two.
- Cover with one cup of sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 of cheese.
- Repeat this step to make three layers.
- Top the last layer of tortillas with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes, letting cheese melt.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with black olives and sour cream.
I made this for PAC 2012. For the chicken, I used some already cooked mesquite flavored chicken breasts that I had in the freezer that I bought from Sam's Club and for the tortillas, I used corn tortillas. I followed the rest of the recipe as is. I liked this a lot because I am so in to casseroles and 1 pot/pan meals. I live in Texas and love food that is spicy. This is a definite keeper! Next time, I think I will also add some diced tomatoes and green chiles. Thank you, akanails!