Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ground cumin
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add tomatoes with green chilie peppers, black beans and corn.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Add a dash of cumin and serve.
I didn't think this was spicy at all, but I love heat. My 3 year old ate it okay, but she's not big on tomatoes or beans...is any preschooler?! I thought it was a simple, tasty and quick. I give it 5 stars just for the simplicity. DH thought it was "okay", but he hates tomatoes, so understandable. The only modification was cheddar cheese on the top. Used leftovers for quesadillas the next night! Yum. Thanks for posting!
This recipe is very easy to make and it tasted pretty good. Due to the spiciness my kids didn't really like it but my husband and I thought it was good. It tasted even better the next day. I think this is a good low fat meal idea as well.
I'm not a big fan of tomatos, but with it mixed together, I couldn't taste them. It was a little spicy but it didn't stop me from eating it. This is a dish that I will defintely make again.