Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A creation of mine that my family really enjoys. Makes a nice cheesy rice. I haven't made it with the nacho or cheddar cheese soup yet. **Note: the 21 oz milk is equal to two soup cans full.**
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup (Campbell's) or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cana cheddar cheese soup
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced fine (optional)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 21 ounces milk
- 3 slices muenster cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix everything together except the chicken and the muenster cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top.
- Bake, covered, for a hour and fifteen minutes.
- Uncover, and place 1/2 slice muenster cheese atop each piece of chicken.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is bo longer pink and juices run clear.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
I made this with the pepperjack soup pretty much according to recipe, but had to use brown rice since I was out of white rice, so I added a little bit of water (1/4 cup maybe). I had never used chipotles or muenster cheese in anything before so I was a little afraid the 2 chipotles would make it very hot, but it didn't. I really liked the melted muenster cheese on top. If I make this again I will definitely use white rice and maybe try a cheese soup as you suggested. Thanks!