1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A creation of mine that my family really enjoys. Makes a nice cheesy rice. I haven't made it with the nacho or cheddar cheese soup yet. **Note: the 21 oz milk is equal to two soup cans full.**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup (Campbell's) or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can a cheddar cheese soup
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced fine (optional)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 21 ounces milk
- 3 slices muenster cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix everything together except the chicken and the muenster cheese.
- 3Pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top.
- 4Bake, covered, for a hour and fifteen minutes.
- 5Uncover, and place 1/2 slice muenster cheese atop each piece of chicken.
- 6Bake an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is bo longer pink and juices run clear.
- 7Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 545.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup