Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southwest spices are rubbed on the burgers and it is topped with salsa mayonnaise, lettuce and avocado slices. Pretty simple stuff here, especially if you use premade frozen burgers!
- 4 hamburger patties (1/3 Pound each premade frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices avocados
- Rub burgers with cumin and garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers over medium coals to medium to well doneness.
- Top with cheese, continue grilling until cheese melts.
- Combine mayonnaise and salsa; mix well.
- For each serving, spread bun with mayonnaise mixture.
- Fill with hamburger and lettuce and avocado slices.
Easy flavor booster for frozen burgers in the bag. We especially enjoyed the mayo-salsa topping.
Quite possibly the most amazing burger I've ever had. We used red pepper flakes instead of ground red pepper, but it was still pretty spectacular.
Nice combination of seasonings! I did use chipotle powder instead of red pepper, which worked out fine. Thanks for sharing the recipe.