Recipe by MamaKelly
I couldn't decide what to make for dinner one night and came up with this casserole. My family loves it! You can make this up before hand and then bake it when you want. I also use pre-cooked bacon to save time (and the mess).
Top Review by SJones
This is really good! Even better with sour cream on the side. I think next time I will add some fresh sliced mushrooms, but other than that, it is definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices crumbled bacon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-Heat oven 350 degrees.
- In large skillet brown beef add onions and garlic with meat and pepper,to taste and drain.
- Add bacon, soup, and milk, mix well until bubbly.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese and stir until melted.
- Press cresent rolls into bottom of a 9x13 GREASED pan to form a crust.
- Pour mixture over crust and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until crust is brown.