Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice change and goes great with a Tortilla or Mexican Casserole. A quick and easy recipe that is great using shortcuts (I love shortcuts). I add the Quick Chili Croutons for an extra zip. My family really enjoyed this salad which I got from Kraftfoods.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, chopped (about 6 cups, or 1& 1/2 bags of romaine salad)
- 236.59 ml crouton
- 236.59 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (or just chopped)
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml caesar salad dressing (bottled or make your favorite)
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- Toss lettuce, corn, bell pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing with cayenne.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Top with parmesan and croutons.
Fun idea & a nice change of pace with simple things usually on hand. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef.
Loved this idea! Just because I had them on hand, I also added black beans and grilled chicken strips to make it a full meal. Delicious and very pretty looking!
Nice salad! I added grilled chicken. I just piled the ingredients onto 2 plates for DH and I for dinner. I used Chipotle dressing and we just each added our own to our plate. I don't like as much salad dressing as DH. Next time I would add some drained and rinsed black beans. Made for The Best of 2009 Cookboook Swap.