Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a Taste of Home magazine. We love anything Mexican so I was happy to find this recipe for breakfast.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, uncooked
- 9 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 28 ounces o'brien frozen potatoes
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces corn and black bean salsa
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked - drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and cayenne. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, salsa and cooked chorizo.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.