1 hr 20 mins
I found this in a Taste of Home magazine. We love anything Mexican so I was happy to find this recipe for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked - drain.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and cayenne. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, salsa and cooked chorizo.
- 3Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 5Bake, uncovered at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 212.7 mg
- Sodium 672.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
corn and black bean salsa