1/2 Photos of Southwest Breakfast Casserole
Little Bee's Note:
A great way to feed a hungry crowd for breakfast, this can be made ahead and put in the oven right before your guests arrive. Also great for potlucks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly butter both side of bread slices and place in 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2In nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, brown beef sausage; drain well and pat with paper towels. Sprinkle sausage over bread slices.
- 3Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Follow with a layer of chopped green chilies.
- 4In medium bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add salt, dry mustard and half-and-half. Mix thoroughly. Pour over casserole.
- 5Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 6To bake, preheat oven to 350°F and bake casserole 45 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. Allow to stand 15 minutes to set. Cut into squares and serve with picante sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.5
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 256.4 mg
- Sodium 1501.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.2 g