Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite spots for brunch served these wonderful breakfast burritos. I was able to do a pretty decent job of copying the recipe so that I could make them at home. You can use flour tortillas but I prefer the corn tortillas myself.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 10 ounces of mexican rotel (drained)
- chopped fresh cilantro (to taste)
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 8 corn tortillas (flour if you prefer)
- 16 ounces salsa (I like Herdez)
- In a large skillet, cook, crumble, and drain sausage.
- Stir the Rotel and some chopped cilantro into the sausage and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs until fluffy.
- Add sausage mixture and half of the bag of cheese to the eggs and stir well.
- Microwave the corn tortillas between layers of paper towels for 30 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with the sausage/egg mixture and top with cheese, salsa, and more of the chopped cilantro.