1/1 Photo of Southwest BLT Crostini
Mommie Cooks's Note:
A delicious appetizer to serve on game day. Was originally made for two people. Can be doubled for a crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 of a baguette, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cumin, for sprinkling
- chili powder, for sprinkling
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 ancho chili pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup of arugula lettuce
- 1 tomato, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, Chopped
- 1Start out by chopping up your baguette into 3/4" slices.
- 2Brush the olive oil over the top of the pieces and sprinkle them with your cumin and chili powder.
- 3Next up, you'll mix together the mayo. salsa, and the chili pepper.
- 4Spread your mixture over the top of your baguette bites.
- 5Now it's time to add your shredded cheese.
- 6Now, take your cheesed up crostinis and throw them into the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes; just long enough to get the cheese good and melted.
- 7While they're in the oven, grab your bacon and fry it up.
- 8Pull out the cooked up pieces, let them cool and drain, and then cut them into thirds.
- 9Now, take your cooked up crostinis and place a piece of bacon, then the arugula and finally the chopped tomatoes.
- 10Finish them off by sprinkling a couple leaves of fresh cilantro over the top.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest BLT Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 1040.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: