Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious appetizer to serve on game day. Was originally made for two people. Can be doubled for a crowd.
- 1⁄2 of a baguette, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cumin, for sprinkling
- chili powder, for sprinkling
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 ancho chili pepper, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of arugula lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, Chopped
- Start out by chopping up your baguette into 3/4" slices.
- Brush the olive oil over the top of the pieces and sprinkle them with your cumin and chili powder.
- Next up, you'll mix together the mayo. salsa, and the chili pepper.
- Spread your mixture over the top of your baguette bites.
- Now it's time to add your shredded cheese.
- Now, take your cheesed up crostinis and throw them into the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes; just long enough to get the cheese good and melted.
- While they're in the oven, grab your bacon and fry it up.
- Pull out the cooked up pieces, let them cool and drain, and then cut them into thirds.
- Now, take your cooked up crostinis and place a piece of bacon, then the arugula and finally the chopped tomatoes.
- Finish them off by sprinkling a couple leaves of fresh cilantro over the top.