Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eggs Benedict Southwestern Style
- 4 eggs
- 4 chorizo sausage patties
- 2 English muffins
- cilantro (chopped)
Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- Fill a large skillet with about 2 inches of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil.
- Drop each egg carefully into the simmering water.
- Let cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the whites are firm.
- Gently scoop each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain eggs thoroughly.
- While sausage is cooking lightly toast muffins.
- To serve place, sausage patties on muffin halves.
- Place 1-poached egg on top of sausage.
- Spoon some chipotle hollandaise sauce on each muffin.
- Chopped Cilantro for Garnish.
- Serve immediately.
- Directions for Hollandaise Sauce:.
- Whip the egg yolks until they are foamy. Continue whipping while you add the hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler and place over medium heat, and continue whipping by hand until sauce thickens and forms ribbons when the whisk is lifted.
- Remove sauce from heat and add butter and chipotle puree.