Recipe by Denise in NH
Got this recipe in the "Mable Hoffman's Crockery Cookery" cookbook.
Top Review by Dawn
My crockpot is so efficient, it seems to break down any beef and give everything a bland beefy taste. I ended up adding 1/2 a jar of medium salsa at the end, just to give the mixture more than one distinct taste. Over all a good recipe, just needed jacked up a bit. The end result tastes like chilli, which could be used on hot dogs too.
- 1 lb dried pinto bean (no overnight soaking required)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 lb salt pork, sliced
- 1 lb lean beef chuck steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 chopped red chilies or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram