This soup is to die for! I eat it bowl by bowl until it's gone and never get tired of it. It's perfect for anyone on a diet like Weight Watchers or South Beach. Adapted from TOH Healthy Cooking Dec 2008.
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 green pepper, medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, petite are best
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, vacuum packed niblets are best
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute veggies and garlic until almost tender.
- Stir in all but cilantro and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Freezes well.