Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is to die for! I eat it bowl by bowl until it's gone and never get tired of it. It's perfect for anyone on a diet like Weight Watchers or South Beach. Adapted from TOH Healthy Cooking Dec 2008.
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 green pepper, medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, petite are best
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, vacuum packed niblets are best
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute veggies and garlic until almost tender.
- Stir in all but cilantro and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Freezes well.
Loved this soup!! I normally do the WW can soup recipe and add turkey but I like this one better. I think it's the green chilies that add to it. Only one I'll make now. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
Short on time? This soup can be on the table in under an hour. I sauteed the vegetable using a tablespoon of olive oil. The chiles added a nice kick. I think next time I make this I'll add another 15 ounce can of broth. For the meat lover in the family, you could always add cooked chicken to their bowl of soup. Me, I'll take mine as written. Made for PAC Spring 2012