1/1 Photo of Southwest Bean Soup
This soup is to die for! I eat it bowl by bowl until it's gone and never get tired of it. It's perfect for anyone on a diet like Weight Watchers or South Beach. Adapted from TOH Healthy Cooking Dec 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 green pepper, medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, petite are best
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, vacuum packed niblets are best
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1In a large nonstick saucepan, saute veggies and garlic until almost tender.
- 2Stir in all but cilantro and bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- 4Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g