1/1 Photo of Southwest Barbecued Chicken With Tomato Red Pepper Dressing
Petite Mommy's Note:
"This is a spicy, healthy version of the classic favorite. You can cook the chicken in the oven or on the grill". (Description and recipe courtesy of American Heart Association -- www.deliciousdecisions.org)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces)
Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing
- 1Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a blender container. Blend until well mixed.
- 3Prepare Barbecued Chicken:.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (or, fire up the grill).
- 5Mix together the salad dressing, red chile powder, canola oil and honey, if using. Pour half the dressing over the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled or nonstick baking dish.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes. Baste with remaining sauce and cook about another 10-15 minutes or until done. Be careful not to overcook.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Barbecued Chicken With Tomato Red Pepper Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 767.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers