1/1 Photo of Southwest Barbecued Chicken With Tomato Red Pepper Dressing
Petite Mommy's Note:
"This is a spicy, healthy version of the classic favorite. You can cook the chicken in the oven or on the grill". (Description and recipe courtesy of American Heart Association -- www.deliciousdecisions.org)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces)
Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing
- 1Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a blender container. Blend until well mixed.
- 3Prepare Barbecued Chicken:.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (or, fire up the grill).
- 5Mix together the salad dressing, red chile powder, canola oil and honey, if using. Pour half the dressing over the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled or nonstick baking dish.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes. Baste with remaining sauce and cook about another 10-15 minutes or until done. Be careful not to overcook.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Barbecued Chicken With Tomato Red Pepper Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 767.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers