"This is a spicy, healthy version of the classic favorite. You can cook the chicken in the oven or on the grill". (Description and recipe courtesy of American Heart Association -- www.deliciousdecisions.org)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces)
Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (use Contadina Pesto Tomato paste if you find it)
- 1 whole roasted red pepper (or pimento from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Tomato Red Pepper Salad Dressing:.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender container. Blend until well mixed.
- Prepare Barbecued Chicken:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (or, fire up the grill).
- Mix together the salad dressing, red chile powder, canola oil and honey, if using. Pour half the dressing over the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled or nonstick baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Baste with remaining sauce and cook about another 10-15 minutes or until done. Be careful not to overcook.