Recipe by Brenda.
Lowfat twice baked potatoes with a taste of the Southwest.
Top Review by Susie D
I made these to serve with a green salad for lunch, but they would be good with almost anything. I microwaved the potatoes until they were soft enough to scoop out & then baked them for the final cooking time. The salsa flavor added a nice change to twice baked potatoes. Ole!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat sour cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Scrub potatoes; pat dry. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from the oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°F
- Slice off tops of potatoes. Scoop out insides, keeping shells intact.
- In a medium bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in salsa and 1 cup of sour cream.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese over tops. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
- Place potatoes on serving plates. Top with remaining sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro, olives, and jalapeno pepper on top. Serve immediately.