Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
So yummy and easily made in a slow-cooker.
Top Review by ShaeCa
Good spicy beans and the beer adds a different flavour. It took much longer even on the high setting and next time I'll cut the chipotle and adobo in half, due to kids, lol. Nice not to have a ton of ketchup and sugar in a bean recipe Thanks NurseDi, I'll be making this one again.
- 1 lb dried small white beans (I use Navy or Great Northern)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 -4 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from the canned chipotles)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add beans to a saucepan; add enough water to cover; add in the vinegar; soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Stir, then continue cooking on LOW for 3-4 more hours or until the beans are tender.