Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are wonderful to serve after dinner.
- 4 medium golden delicious apples, cored within 1/2 inch of base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Arrange apples in microwavable 8 inch glass pie plate, leaving 1 inch between apples. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice into and over each apple. Place 1 teaspoon butter in center of each apple. Place remaining 1 teaspoon butter in center of plate. Place 1 teaspoon brown sugar in center of each apple. Sprinkle remaining 1 teapoon in center of plate.
- Microwave apples on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Turn each apples after 3 to 5 minutes. Remove plate. Spoon carmelized butter and brown sugar from the plate bottom over the apples. Set aside.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside. Beat whipping cream in medium bown with mixer until foamy. With mixer r unning, slowly add sugar mixture; beat until thickened. Add almond extract; beat until soft peaks form.
- Top with almond cream, and enjoy.
YUM!! I couldn't find my corer, so I halved the apples & proceeded. I ended up using less butter & brown sugar than listed (about 1TB butter total & 1tsp brown sugar total). They were cooked in about 5 minutes!! Delicious but not quite the same as baked apples. The whipped cream was phenomenal. Even THE PICKY ONE who 'doesn't like almonds' went nuts for it, lol. Heh heh heh. Well done! Made for PAC Fall '07.