Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I modified this from a recipe in Desperation Dinners. It's become my most requested potluck dish (even when there's no potluck!). I usually scale it up 2-3 times so the latecomers can have some.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce, mild (Clancy's Fancy is my favorite)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Drain artichoke hearts and chop or break up with fingers.
- Add chiles, mayonaise, sour cream and garlic. Mix until blended.
- Mix in spices and hot sauce, then 1 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer to small casserole sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with remainng cheese and bake 30-40 minutes at 350 until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips.