Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
This has to be the Cadillac of all savory cheesecakes. It has such elegant presentation and is so versatile that it is as comfortable at a wedding reception as it is for a BBQ! This is worth it's weight in gold!
- plain tortilla chips or nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container jalapeno cheddar cheese dip (I use Frito-Lay)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced sliced pitted black olives
- Place tortilla chips in a large Ziploc bag.
- Finely crush chips with mallet or rolling pin to measure 2/3 cup.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine crushed chips and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process cottage cheese in processor or blender until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and cottage cheese in large bowl with and electric mixer on med. speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Pour mixture over baked crust.
- Return to oven; bake 60 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and dip in small bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and carefully pour sour cream mixture evenly over top.
- Return cheesecake to oven; bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- Let stand at room temperature to cool slightly.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool completely before removing rim.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with the tomatoes, green onions and olives.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- Note: The 8 oz. cans of jalepeño cheddar dip are found, usually, on the rack in front of the tortilla chips, and potato chips.