Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing twist on the traditional breakfast smoothie, this drink uses Moroccan inspired flavors to create an uplifting beverage that’s sure to brighten up any morning. Created by Matthew Biancaniello, Mixologist at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel’s Library Bar.
- 3 strawberries
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 5 mint leaves
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 ounce agave syrup (1 -- 1 ratio with water)
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon almond butter
- Add each ingredient to a blender or food processor and mix until well blended.
- Serve in a glass, with or without ice, and garnish with a mint sprig.
- ** Note: For a slushy texture, blend ingredients with ice or substitute with frozen strawberries.
This was good and different. I did use cranberry pomagranate juice and enjoyed the almond butter in there. Thanks for a nice quick breakfast. Made for ZWT 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff.