Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to make yams. prep time includes the baking of the potatoes and the time to cool them.
- 6 yams, fully cooked cooled and peeled
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and slice the cooked potatoes very thin and place one layer in butter baking dish. top with a layer of orange slices, dot with butter, and sprinkle with sugar. Continue layering until you have 3 layers, ending with potatoes, butter, and then sugar.
- Mix the orange juice and lemon juice together; pour over and bake 1-1/2 hours.