Recipe by mollypaul
An elegant, old fashioned dessert for grownups from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 orange, rind of
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 3 egg whites, only (at room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and orange juice together and pour over orange peel.
- Crush peel in juice with a wooden spoon and let stand one hour; strain.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks; whip cream to soft peaks.
- Add strained juice and sherry wine to whipped cream; fold in whipped egg whites.
- Serve at once in chilled glasses.