Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 1001 Low fat Vegetarian Recipes
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced low-sodium tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces white pearl onions, peeled
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 small eggplant, see note
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, 3/4 in cubes
- 4 ounces fresh okra, 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- red pepper sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- minced parsley, garnish
- Notes: Use the greens also of the green onions. Peel the eggplant and cube into 3/4 cubes.
- Pam your pan then heat over med heat until hot. Saute onions, peppers and garlic adding some broth if needed until softened.
- Now add the stock, tomatoes, pearl onions and paprika and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Spray a large skillet with pam then heat over med heat until hot. Saute eggplant, carrots, zucchini, and okra with some broth if needed until they are tender. Now add to the tomato mix.
- Add the mustard and simmer until vegetables are tender adding more liquid if needed.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with Parsley.