Recipe by Seasoned Cook
This recipe was included in our family's cookbook, Treasured Recipes and Memories, The Blanchard Family. A very tasteful side dish to have with any meal!
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pie shell for 5 minutes at 425°F.
- Place tomato slices in pie shell.
- Combine seasonings with onion and sprinkle on tomatoes.
- Mix mayonnaise and cheese and spread over top like meringue. Seal edges as much as possible.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving. (It is very important to allow pie to cool before trying to serve).