Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another great recipe from the south.
Make and share this Southern Tea Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Dough should be soft.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface until approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
Made these for my family, because they hadn't had them since my grandmother passed away. I felt very proud to do this and to bring back those memories for them!! They were delicious and got even better the more they sat. Thanks!!!
These cookies taste great,they are easy to make. Best of all these cookie are the best."Great