Recipe by Mary in LA.
Another great recipe from the south.
Top Review by Mika S.
Made these for my family, because they hadn't had them since my grandmother passed away. I felt very proud to do this and to bring back those memories for them!! They were delicious and got even better the more they sat. Thanks!!!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Dough should be soft.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface until approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.