Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy and tasty summer side dish, unique to all coleslaws. This is an easy one! I got the recipe from a Florida friend who originally clipped it from a local newspaper.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes (fresh, peeled and shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli stem (raw, peeled and shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu (or, plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly milled
- Combine all slaw ingredients (but not dressing ingredients) in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw, toss and refrigerate covered.
- Serve when cold.