Recipe by TGirl,RN
Submitted by request. This is a new twist to that same old potato salad. Prep time includes time to boil potatoes. Cook time is actually chill time for finished dish.
Top Review by grfox33
Oh! MY GOD!!! This is delicious!!! I used light Mayo, and no orange juice or canned. It is still delicious. I can't wait to try the real recipe with the orange juice and sections. I would have never thought to put mayo on sweet potatoes. The gingr and nutmeg--great. I used fresh for both so cut down on both amounts. Thankyou TGirl,Rn. I have a friend who is dreaming of this as I write.....another southern girl.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and toss with lemon juice.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, honey, orange zest, ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add potatoes, celery, and dates, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- Before serving, gently stir in pecans.
- Spoon salad onto lettuce-lined platter.
- Arrange mandarin orange segments around salad.