- 6 cups grated sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine Sweet Potatoes, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend well.
- Stir in almonds and orange peel.
- Spoon into buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until pudding is set.
- Serve hot with country ham or roasted chicken.
- Note: If desired, spoon about 1/3 cup bourbon over pudding just before serving, or top with 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows and bake 5 minutes longer to melt marshmallows.