Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Easy, fail-proof crust makes this the perfect choice for Thanksgiving or anytime! I was a pumpkin pie lover until I had my first slice of sweet potato pie. I haven't made a pumpkin pie since. Even reluctant tasters are soon convinced that sweet potato is superior to pumpkin!
NO FAIL PIE CRUST
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
SWEET POTATO FILLING
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, pureed (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- For crust: Blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Add flour, sugar and salt and stir until dough starts to stick together.
- Form into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare filling: Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll dough and place in pie pan.
- Pour in filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400°.
- Reduce heat to 325°.
- Continue baking until firm in center, about 20 minutes longer.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Top with whipped cream to serve!
I'm not one to make very good crust and this was excellent. I made for a family dinner and was asked to make it again a week later. It was so smooth and creamy. Definitely a new family recipes.
This recipe was the bomb! My husband and co-workers really love the taste and texture of the crust.The recipe was easy to follow and I didn't make any changes. The philly cream chees made the difference. I had to brag to my mom, I even emailed her the recipe. Thank you for sharing!
Really great recipe. Easy to make and not very time consuming, although I thought it would be. Bf loved it! I would however use less lemon rind, it had a very strong lemon flavor which I believe outshined the sweet taters. Other than that completely awesome.