Recipe by Sharlene~W
Easy, fail-proof crust makes this the perfect choice for Thanksgiving or anytime! I was a pumpkin pie lover until I had my first slice of sweet potato pie. I haven't made a pumpkin pie since. Even reluctant tasters are soon convinced that sweet potato is superior to pumpkin!
Top Review by BRAIDY
I'm not one to make very good crust and this was excellent. I made for a family dinner and was asked to make it again a week later. It was so smooth and creamy. Definitely a new family recipes.
NO FAIL PIE CRUST
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
SWEET POTATO FILLING
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, pureed (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: Blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Add flour, sugar and salt and stir until dough starts to stick together.
- Form into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare filling: Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll dough and place in pie pan.
- Pour in filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400°.
- Reduce heat to 325°.
- Continue baking until firm in center, about 20 minutes longer.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Top with whipped cream to serve!