Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I always cook this dish in the fall when sweet potatoes are in season and can usually find at a good price. This is a wonderful dish to serve with your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Mix in sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Put in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- For the topping melt butter and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle on top of the potato mixture.
- Bake 25 miutes at 350 degrees.
We loved this AND it was easy to make...I used canned sweet potatoes..
My husband made this and he cut the sugar, butter, and eggs in half and it was still outstanding. My friend asked for the recipe. We'll be making this again. Thank you so much for such a yummy dish!!
Easy to cook. 3 cups was 2 large sweet potatos.