1/5 Photos of Southern Sweet Potato Bread
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is outstanding. It is really so much better with fresh cooked sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Grease BOTTOM only of an 8½x4½x2½-inch loaf pan.
- 3Stir together flour and spices in mixing bowl.
- 4With a spoon, stir in sugar, eggs, oil and milk; blend well.
- 5Stir in sweet potatoes, pecans and raisins.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- 10For easier slicing, wrap loaf and store overnight in a cool place.
- 11Bread mellows over time and will keep for several days.
- 12NOTE: If using all-purpose flour, sift 2 tsps baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt with the flour and spices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Sweet Potato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 261.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g