Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Started out as http://www.recipezaar.com/63785 but I had to amend due to limited available supplies. PLEASE fully read the steps before attempting this recipe.
- 12 cups cold water
- 15 cups boiling water
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 family-size tea bags
- Gather supplies for tea.
- Realize that you are missing a measuring cup, and your pitcher is broken.
- Find replacement tools (coffee pot works great for measuring cup, and glass beer jugs for pitchers, and an automotive funnel to compensate for lack of a pitcher with a wide opening).
- Carefully measure 2 cups water using coffee pot, bring to a boil.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar, funnel into large beer jug.
- Pour boiling water into coffee pot, realize you are now down to 1 cup of water-oh yea, vapor-- ooops.
- Fill pot back up, bring to a boil again.
- Carefully pour boiling water into coffee pot till you hit the 2 cup mark.
- Add in Two"family size tea bags" and a pinch of baking soda, place lid on coffee pot, place beer jug on top to cover most of the holes.
- After 15 minutes, remove tea bags, do not squeeze into pot, discard.
- Use funnel to add lukewarm teawater to sugar mix, ponder how bad of an idea it is to try to dissolve 2 cups of sugar into 2 cups of warm water.
- Cap beer jug, shake furiously, realize it is only halfway dissolved, fret.
- Pour mixture back into the coffee pot, stir vigorously.
- Decide the lukewarm water is what is killing you, place pot onto the coffee machine, turn on to heat water.
- Remove occasionally to check water warmth, stir often.
- Pour concentrated mixture into funnel aimed into another beer jug, with 6 cups of cold water.
- Cap, and shake well.
- Serve over ice.
- Cough due to sever sugar content, resolve to make the next batch better.
- Add water to put, bring to a boil.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and pour into ceramic beer stein.
- When water is boiling use coffee pot to measure two cups.
- Gently pour into beer stein, stir vigorously till sugar is dissolved, do a small victory dance.
- Add a pinch of baking soda, and two family sized tea bags.
- Use a lid from a small pot, place upside down onto the stein to allow mixture to steep.
- After allowing to steep for 15 minutes, use funnel to pour into beer jug#2, with 6 cups of cold water.
- Cap, shake well, serve over ice.
- Loudly proclaim victory over the tea, and decide that next round, you might just go for 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
Funny Stuff =) I was bustin' up laughing!! Sounds like a story my brothers would tell at a Family Picnic! Lol! I wonder if this really happened to you?!
Being from Texas Ive drank my share and more of sweet tea..you make so much of it that it becomes habit, one of those things you can do asleep. It never occured to me to use a recipe, but this one is priceless...I noticed that there was nothing about burning your foot when the boiling water spilled or cracking the beer mugs with hot water...so you can declare this sweet tea recipe a success! Good luck and happy brewing:)
This has got to be the cutiest recipe yet! I laughed and laughed and then emailed this to my BF and then laghed some more. Haven't tried making this yet, but do look forward to trying this one! Thanks for the laugh!!