Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is how my Granny made sweet tea and it is some kind of sweet. Know that and beware. Pa-Paw used to down 2-3 glasses after working in the garden all day. Back off the sugar if you can't handle it. This one is for true southerners only ;)
- 6 regular tea bags
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups sugar
- 6 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.
- Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
- Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them.
- Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher; add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the cold water.
- Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.