Recipe by GreenEyedLS
The REAL thing! Quick and easy. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law who lives in the mountains of NC. She serves this tea at her deli and everybody asks for it!
Top Review by DeeLawson
Please do NOT use hot tap water from the faucet! There are build-ups in the hot water pipes that leach into that water and can then leach into your liver, kidneys and other vital organs. Boil some in a large measuring cup in the microwave or fill up a tea kettle, but NEVER use the hot water from your tap to drink or prepare foods.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a full cup of water in the microwave until boiling hot. I use a large measuring cup.
- Submerge tea bags in water and let steep 3 minutes or until water gets dark.
- Pour dark water into pitcher. Refill cup with hot water from the faucet and let steep for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to pitcher. Stir until dissolved.
- Add hot water from cup and than fill the rest of the pitcher with hot water from the sink. Stir and Refrigirate.
- I refill my cup and let steep 4 times, but it depends on how dark you like your tea. If you are in a rush, 1 steep will do.