1/1 Photo of Southern Sweet Iced Tea
The REAL thing! Quick and easy. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law who lives in the mountains of NC. She serves this tea at her deli and everybody asks for it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a full cup of water in the microwave until boiling hot. I use a large measuring cup.
- 2Submerge tea bags in water and let steep 3 minutes or until water gets dark.
- 3Pour dark water into pitcher. Refill cup with hot water from the faucet and let steep for 2 minutes.
- 4Add sugar to pitcher. Stir until dissolved.
- 5Add hot water from cup and than fill the rest of the pitcher with hot water from the sink. Stir and Refrigirate.
- 7I refill my cup and let steep 4 times, but it depends on how dark you like your tea. If you are in a rush, 1 steep will do.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Sweet Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
family-size tea bags