The REAL thing! Quick and easy. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law who lives in the mountains of NC. She serves this tea at her deli and everybody asks for it!
- Heat a full cup of water in the microwave until boiling hot. I use a large measuring cup.
- Submerge tea bags in water and let steep 3 minutes or until water gets dark.
- Pour dark water into pitcher. Refill cup with hot water from the faucet and let steep for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to pitcher. Stir until dissolved.
- Add hot water from cup and than fill the rest of the pitcher with hot water from the sink. Stir and Refrigirate.
- I refill my cup and let steep 4 times, but it depends on how dark you like your tea. If you are in a rush, 1 steep will do.