Recipe by Sweet T
I am known for my sweet tea; hence, the nickname sweet tea. this is a wonderful drink. if you have ever been to the south and tried sweet tea and liked it, you will love this!!!!
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
EXCELLENT and this is the way we do Sweet Tea in the South. I was born, raised and still live in the South and we do LOVE our Sweet Tea!!! I love the flavor of Luziann tea the best. I can even recognize it in a restaurant. Tea is even good as a beverage between meals and great with a seafood dinner. Just can't beat it!!! Prepared as a participant in the Southern, Cajun & Creole Sept 2009 Tag Event in the Cooking Photo Forum.
- 3 family-size tea bags, quart (I USE RED DIAMOND OR LUZIANN TEA BAGS)
- 2 cups regular granulated sugar
- 1 gallon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size pan fill 1/2 way with water.
- add tea bags.
- cook on medium heat until comes to a good boil. it will be foamy.
- put sugar in gallon jug (pitcher).
- pour boiling tea over sugar.
- stir well to dissolve sugar.
- add water until jug is full (may not use whole gallon of water).
- stir well.
- pour over ice (i like mine anyway i can get it ice or no ice).
- drink and enjoy!
- I USE RED DIAMOND OR LUZIANN TEA BAGS.