Recipe by Southern Fried Chica
A recipe I got from my baby sis. Only for those with a truly sweet tooth. We cut these into very small squares since we can't stop eating them. Refrigerating them also seems to intensify their sweetness! Can also be made with chocolate cake mix instead of yellow... but we like the yellow without the pecans best.
Top Review by lynnep
Made this last year and added to my "Christmas Baking" list. Can't believe I forgot to review it. These are AMAZING!!! Everyone loved them! Sooo many people asked me what the little candy bites were. Am about to make again this year, and will be a double batch.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar (yes, 1 whole pound!)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix yellow cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg, and pecans with a spoon.
- Spread in a greased & floured 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix all other ingredients together & spread over cake mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into bite size servings.