Recipe by Britni
A twist on traditional Southern cornbread! Easy and inexpensive to make. I usually make this with Fried Pork Chops, and everyone loves it! If you're on a budget, this is great, because the mix itself is less than a dollar! You'll find it at most grocery stores in the cake mix aisle.
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 0.5 (14 ounce) cansweet creamed corn (or 1 small can)
- rosemary (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine corn muffin mix, milk, and egg.
- Add creamed corn to mix and use a wooden spoon or wire whisk to mix.
- Scrape into 2 quart casserole dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle top with rosemary if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or edges are brown and toothpick comes out clean.