Shawn C's Note:
For those of us who eat grits! This is a great way to use up left over grits for the next day! We all know once they are cold we toss them so why not make a casserole for the next day! And using cheese grits only adds to the cheesey flavor! This is great for vacations at the beach!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1grease a 9x13 casserole pan.
- 2layer the sausage, then top it with 1/2 of the cheese.
- 3mix the eggs and the remainder of the ingredients. Mi well so there are no lumps.
- 4pour over the sausage, cover pan and refridgerate overnight.
- 5remove and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- 6bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Sunrise Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.8
- Calories from Fat 520
- Total Fat 57.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 1931.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 26.0 g