Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr
For those of us who eat grits! This is a great way to use up left over grits for the next day! We all know once they are cold we toss them so why not make a casserole for the next day! And using cheese grits only adds to the cheesey flavor! This is great for vacations at the beach!
- 2 lbs sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cheese, grated
- 1 cup cooked grits
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, heated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- grease a 9x13 casserole pan.
- layer the sausage, then top it with 1/2 of the cheese.
- mix the eggs and the remainder of the ingredients. Mi well so there are no lumps.
- pour over the sausage, cover pan and refridgerate overnight.
- remove and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.