Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
$200.00 prize winner. I found this in Better Homes & Gardens. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 30 -32 ounces canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry bread, crumbs fine ground
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 12 soft dinner rolls, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- In large bowl mash black-eyed peas with a potato masher. Add egg, sweet pepper, bread crumbs, celery, green onions, and garlic salt; mix well. Shape bean mixture into twelve 1/2"-inch thick patties about 3"-inches in diameter.
- In large skillet heat 1 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add half of the patties to the hot oil. Cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through, turning once. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- In small bowl stir together mayonnaise and Cajun seasoning. Spread cut side of each roll with the mayonnaise mixture. Place a burger on bottom half of each roll; top with lettuce and add roll top.