Recipe by MsSally
This is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken. This is pot pie how my grandma makes it. Turkey and vegetables with a creamy gravy and biscuit topping. Great comfort food. Changed to add: If you can't find Veg-al, frozen mixed veggies is fine. I often add leftover green beans or corn on top of the veggies.
Top Review by jholthaus83
Super easy and quick! And delicious!! I used turkey from Thanksgiving, which was originally grilled/smoked and then frozen. My boyfriend claims the seasoning of the turkey gave the meal some extra punch, which is probably true. I tweaked the recipe as such:
1. Two words, people: Grands JUNIORS! I used the junior homestyle biscuits and by the time they had browned on top, they were cooked all the way through. I started the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, upped it to 400 for another 7 minutes, then turned it off and let the dish sit in the oven for about 5 minutes, plus 5 minutes cool time out of the oven.
2. 3 cups of turkey instead of 4
3. 1 can of Del Monte's big 26 ounce can of mixed vegetables with potatoes, drained
4. 1 can of Creamy Chicken Soup, plus a can's-worth of 2% milk (I don't like gravy!)
5. Seasoning of sea salt, seasoning salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, garlic powder
6. As someone recommended, it's important to heat everything up really well before putting it into the baking dish. After I heated the mixture and poured it into the dish, I mixed in 3/4 of a package of shredded cheddar cheese (a tip I stole from another recipe). Then I put the junior biscuits on top, then sprinkled the rest of the cheese on top of them.
My boyfriend ate about 4 servings for dinner! I stuffed myself with almost 3 and we have this sad little container now with 1 serving left over...I plan to make it again since I still have a lot of turkey. Whole meal took 45 minutes from start to finish including 25 minutes baking/cooling time.
- 4 cups cooked turkey (Chopped) or 4 cups cooked chicken (Chopped)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Veg-All (drained)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans turkey gravy or 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken gravy
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can flakey biscuits (grands 8 pack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In med saucepan, mix together all ingredients except biscuits and heat until bubbly about 15 mins on med.
- Then pour turkey/vegetable mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Top with biscuits.
- Bake for 20 mins or until biscuits are golden brown.