Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A popular southern dish, the gravy is a tasty alternative to white gravy.
- 6 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) petite diced tomatoes
- Place biscuits onto a medium sheet pan and bake according to package ddirections.
- Place sausage in a large saucepan, amd cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- Add flour and thyme, and cook 4-6 minutes until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Chop onion, and add to saucepan cooking 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 2-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and cook 3-5 minutes or until gravy is thickened stirring occasionally.
- Serve gravy over biscuits.
My hubby really enjoyed this! It was pretty simple to do and something different. Thanks weekend cooker!