weekend cooker's Note:
A popular southern dish, the gravy is a tasty alternative to white gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place biscuits onto a medium sheet pan and bake according to package ddirections.
- 2Place sausage in a large saucepan, amd cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- 3Add flour and thyme, and cook 4-6 minutes until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4Chop onion, and add to saucepan cooking 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add milk, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and simmer 2-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook 3-5 minutes or until gravy is thickened stirring occasionally.
- 8Serve gravy over biscuits.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Tomato Gravy With Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.2 g