Recipe by Member #610488
A traditional dish of the Middle East twisted by those crafty cooks down south.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in bulgur, and remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and let stand, uncovered, until cooled, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer bulgur to a bowl, and toss with watermelon, parsley, scallions, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gently fold in goat cheese.