Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the perfect sweet tea every time I make it. The recipe has been in my family for years.
- Boil about 8 cups water.
- Add 3 family (large) size tea bags and steep for 3-5 minutes. You can also use 8 small regular sized tea bags.
- Mix concentrated hot tea with 1 3/4 cup sugar and stir well in tea pitcher.
- Add cold water until pitcher is full and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice with a garnish of lemon or raspberry.
- *Tip pour some in an ice cube tray and freeze. Keep the pitcher cold in the refrigerator and serve with tea ice cubes to prevent your tea from getting watery on a hot day. :).
Very nice tea but way sweet, I agree with another reviewer Shabby Sign Shoppe, to cut the sugar down by half unless you really love it sweet, sweet, sweet. Otherwise refreshing and fast. Thanks for posting peppermonkey. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Who doesn't love a glass of sweet tea with a southern-style sweet tea? The perfect tea!
I jut made this tea, and it is sooo goooood! A much healthier alternative to the artificial store bought stuff. My husband is- no was- addicted to the tea we purchase at the store, but we have a new favorite! This is so easy to make, my 3 year had a fun time helping out, and it tastes fantastic!