1 hr 45 mins
A taste of summer in the south.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beans in large saucepan. Cover with water; add about 1 tsp salt. Bring to boiling. Skim surface till clear. Cook, partially covered, 30 to 40 minute till tender. Strain beans into sieve. Set aside.
- 2Shuck corn: using clean kitchen towel, gently rub corn to remove silks. Using sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cobs.
- 3In large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat till melted and foaming. Add corn. Lightly season with salt and pepper, stirring to coat corn in butter. Cook 1 to 2 minute Add beans. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute more, taking care not to overcook the corn and beans.
- 4Add cream (and ham). Cook just till heated through and slightly reduced. Season to taste.
- 5Note: OK to use frozen veggies when fresh not in season.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Succotash
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g