Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got tired of the "same ol' stuffed peppers, so I came up with this. My human garbage disposal (teenage son :) ate 3.
- 1 lb sausage (sage works best)
- 6 medium bell peppers (can use any color of peppers)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed zesty tomato soup (if you can't find the zesty soup,use same sized can of tomato and add 1 1/2 tablespoons italian seas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Slice tops off of peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- Blanch peppers in boiling water if desired.
- Set peppers in prepared dish.
- Cook sausage and garlic powder until sausage is browned.
- In medium bowl, stir together half of the French onions.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix well.
- Evenly spoon mixture into peppers.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and filling is hot.
- Remove cover; top with remaining onions and bake 10 minutes more.
Overall this was very good, I completely spaced putting in the tomato soup so I ate the finished dish with a bit of ketchup, still worked. I would suggest blanching the peppers though, mine came out a little bit tough.
Another wonderful recipe from Shapeweaver! We wanted to try a different type of stuffed peppers, and this recipe was wonderful! It was really easy too!
mmmmm Very Good