Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
Not exactly low fat/cal, but very easy, and very good too.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
We loved this! Like KITTENCAL, I increased the bacon. I also omitted the jalepanos and used only half the brown sugar (personal taste preferences). Thank you, Pokey, for sharing this superbly flavoursome recipe; I'll certainly be making it again.
- 283.49 g box frozen spinach
- 4 slice bacon
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (thin sliced)
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess juice.
- Fry bacon till crisp, remove and reserve 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapenos in bacon drippings, just until onions are translucent.
- Add vinegar and brown sugar and stir until disolved.
- Add spinach and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on crumbled bacon.