Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not exactly low fat/cal, but very easy, and very good too.
Make and share this Southern Style Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 283.49 g box frozen spinach
- 4 slice bacon
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (thin sliced)
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess juice.
- Fry bacon till crisp, remove and reserve 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapenos in bacon drippings, just until onions are translucent.
- Add vinegar and brown sugar and stir until disolved.
- Add spinach and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on crumbled bacon.
We loved this! Like KITTENCAL, I increased the bacon. I also omitted the jalepanos and used only half the brown sugar (personal taste preferences). Thank you, Pokey, for sharing this superbly flavoursome recipe; I'll certainly be making it again.
I normally don't like spinach-based dishes, but this is an exception. It has everything--sweet, sour, spicy and salty. I used fresh spinach. Will make this again and use gloves to handle the jalapenos. The heat was just right, but my fingers were stinging afterwards!
The best sauteed spinach recipe I've ever had! I made it for my lunch and happily devoured the whole pan. I used about 5 cups fresh spinach and jarred jalapenos. I can't wait to make this for my husband. He is getting to like spinach in certain recipes and I know he'll love the spiciness with the bacon. Roxygirl