Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
Not exactly low fat/cal, but very easy, and very good too.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
We loved this! Like KITTENCAL, I increased the bacon. I also omitted the jalepanos and used only half the brown sugar (personal taste preferences). Thank you, Pokey, for sharing this superbly flavoursome recipe; I'll certainly be making it again.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (thin sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess juice.
- Fry bacon till crisp, remove and reserve 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapenos in bacon drippings, just until onions are translucent.
- Add vinegar and brown sugar and stir until disolved.
- Add spinach and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on crumbled bacon.